Thursday, April 16, 2015

Grimaldi's

Yesterday I went to the movies with my sister and of course, we had to indulge in a nice lunch beforehand.  We went to a quaint little suburban cinema;Trak on Greenhill Road, Burnside.   Grimaldi's is a casual Italian restaurant situated immediately underneath the cinema.





I ordered swordfish with a sweetcorn and tomato salad.  The dressing had a perfect balance of sweet and sour and the ingredients were super fresh.


My sister ordered the handmade gnocchi with mushroom, spinach and goat's curd.  It was very, very good.


After lunch we saw the 2nd Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.  It wasn't as good as the first movie. Sequels rarely are. Too similar I think.  But it was beautifully photographed. The Indian architectural backdrops and the colourful saris were mesmerising.  And Maggie Smith once again stole the show.



As for the Trak Cinema, it is a little gem from a bygone era.

No comments:

Post a Comment